INFOS FOR VOLONTEERS
The center is based on therapeutic community.
Activities in frame of the therapy:
- carpenter courses, revitalization of nature and ecological agriculture courses, courses for the instructors of horse riding
- farm work, field work, taking care of horses, pigs, dogs, cats and our very special swan
- learning in a daily junior high school, or weekend classes in a senior high school
- team sports and long-distance runs, also marathons
- artistic activities, theater, choir and others
- excursions: long-distance walks in the mountains, canoeing trips
- and much moreOur Center exist since 1985. We have about 70 patients between the age of 16 and 26, also mothers with children and patient with double diagnosis. Considering number of patients Marianówek is the biggest Monar in Poland. The full theraphy program is one year long. From patients which finished it 70 % lives in drugs absince.
We expect volunteer to prepare together with our patients cultural/ social activities as well es to take part in activities that we offer and to spend time with patients also in their free time.
Our volunteer must be drug abstinent. Being in our center or on the excursions with our group he/ she has to abstain from alcohol and sex.
Grupa Megálló w działaniu
W ramach programu „Młodzież w Działaniu” między 25. lipca a 1. sierpnia odwiedziliśmy ośrodek dla osób uzależnionych Monar Marianówek, gdzie braliśmy udział w różnorodnych warsztatach. Kulturową wielobarwność wydarzenia zapewniła organizacja portugalska oraz organizacja przybyła z "ziemi Basków".
Art Workshop, ArtLIberationInMarian
The Portuguese team, was in charge of giving, the art workshop at Marian. The subjects were art, art as FORMAD social inclusion and volunteering. We think so, because the natural beauty of the place, and themes, presenting three projects, LandArt, and art with recycled materials. We wanted to leave our mark on the place, the place left a mark on us, so we decided to do something that makes people feel better there and that they were useful. The three main projects were to do a chill out zone where they could relax, rest and think. Make a mystical zone, because in place there is a place for prayer Catholic but not all people are Catholics and as one of the themes was social inclusion, we find that made sense to create a place for all faiths. Where can they go to pray, think, relax, play an instrument, read, in a beautiful spot, hearing the natural sound of water and nature. And lastly, make two scarecrows, because we found that they had not, and are very useful, since they have fields.
The Portuguese team was made up by me, Sara Lima, Lima Sofia, Ana Catarina and Hugo. Participated in our workshop five people from the center of Marian, who helped build the sites, with their ideas and work. Thank you all, I am very proud of the results of our workshop and enjoyed working with you, despite two days of heavy rain and little time think it was a great team effort.